Your hospice team provides a range of services, tailored to your individual needs and those of your family. They include:
- Ongoing pain and symptom management
- Counseling and support for the emotional and spiritual aspects of dying
- 24-hour telephone support
- Providing medications, medical supplies and equipment
- Teaching family members skills to help them provide care
- Volunteer assistance with household chores and errands as well as companionship and caregiver relief
- Guidance about funeral arrangements
- Bereavement resources for loved ones
Hospice of Southern Maine is licensed by the State of Maine and is a Medicare-certified agency. Medicare, MaineCare, many private insurers and community donations pay for end-of-life care at Hospice of Southern Maine.
For more information about the services that Hospice of Southern Maine provides, please download our Information Booklet.
Will someone come and live with me to take care of all of my needs?
Hospice supports the patient and family. Employees and volunteers visit as often as needed. Our care is meant to identify and complement your existing support system. In the Gosnell Memorial Hospice House, the Hospice employees provide 24-hour a day care.
From Our Patients & Their Families
"Without you we would not have any peace or pleasant memories of our mother's last hours." More...