A Comforting, Homelike Atmosphere
Our House becomes home for life limiting patients in need of expert comfort care as their illness progresses during their final days or weeks of life and their own home is no longer an option. The Gosnell Memorial Hospice House is not a hospital, a nursing home or a rehabilitation facility. We are a comfortable home-like setting where hospice nurses and support staff provide 24-hour care and where family and friends can spend quality time with their loved one.
Surrounded by gardens in a wooded neighborhood of Scarborough, Maine, our 18-bed facility is designed and staffed to emphasize privacy, dignity, and inclusion of family members for the provision of end of life care.
- It is a place to savor a breath of fresh air
- It is a place for family and friends to gather
- It is a place to meditate in the garden
- It is a place for support and companionship
For our Patients
- The most advanced skilled hospice care available
- Private bedrooms with handicap-accessible bathrooms and kitchenette
- Individually prepared meals
- Spa available with whirlpool bath, massage and hair services
- Private telephones with direct dial to each room
For Loved Ones
- Sleeping accommodations within loved one's suite
- Fireplaced living room
- Dining room where families can gather
- Spacious kitchen
- A Sanctuary for solitude and quiet time
- Landscaped gardens and trails for meditation, reflection and peaceful walks
- Wireless Internet access
From Our Patients & Their Families
"We cannot begin to express our appreciation for all the warmth, compassion, gentleness and caring which you so patiently and lovingly poured into our mother's life and into ours. You gave us strength and courage... and, yes, even joy... as we walked with her to the end of this life." More...
Please take the tour...