Hospice at Home
Patient/families admitted to the Hospice program are provided care at home, in an assisted living facility, long-term care facility, hospital, or the Gosnell Memorial Hospice House based on their needs as identified by the Hospice Interdisciplinary Team. Patients will receive a full range of services, including:
- Physician care and support in collaboration with your current Physician
- Nursing care and support to maximize comfort and minimize pain
- Medication management for pain and symptom control
- Medical equipment and supplies related to the life limiting disease
- Hospice aides to assist with personal care needs
- Volunteer non-medical aid and support to give comfort and assistance
- Social work and counseling about what to expect
- Pastoral or spiritual care
- Other specific treatments and therapies as needed
- Bereavement services
For information on how to make a referral click here.
Hospice of Southern Maine is licensed by the State of Maine and is a Medicare-certified agency. Medicare, MaineCare, many private insurers and community donations pay for end-of-life care at Hospice of Southern Maine.
From Our Patients & Their Families
"We cannot begin to express our appreciation for all the warmth, compassion, gentleness and caring which you so patiently and lovingly poured into our mother's life and into ours. You gave us strength and courage... and, yes, even joy... as we walked with her to the end of this life." More...
Please watch our
Having trouble viewing this video?