Hospice Resources on the Web
This area contains resources that the Hospice of Southern Maine finds helpful for the community. The following links give much information about other resources, ranging from helping someone find a hospice to getting much more information about the community.
No matter what anyone's age, they should take the time to discuss their end of life wishes with family members, making sure to document those wishes in writing with advance directives. Hospice of Southern Maine and other hospice organizations can provide valuable information to educate individuals and the public about advance care planning.
Below is a link to the Maine advance directives website.
Education in your Community
Hospice of Southern Maine is always willing to provide education around end-of-life issues when requested.
For more information please contact us at:
Find a Hospice
To find a local hospice or palliative care program, enter as much information as possible below. Be sure you select if you want the search to "Match all the criteria" or "Match any of the criteria." If you have any difficulty, please call the NHPCO HelpLine at 800/658-8898.
Hospice of Southern Maine recommends the links below for additional information on hospice care.
- Hospice Net - Collection of resources and support for patients and families facing life threatening illness.
- The National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO) - The largest nonprofit membership organization representing hospice and palliative care programs and professionals in the U.S. Includes information on finding a provider and many other topics pertaining to end of life.
- Hospice Foundation of America - Includes information about how to select a hospice, links to publications, and videos.
- Caring Connections - A wonderful collection of topics and information that ranges from information on Hospices to care and financial planning.
- Home Care & Hospice Alliance of Maine - A unified voice for affordable, accessible, quality home care and hospice services.
- Maine Hospice Council - The Maine Hospice Council exists to ensure the continued development of Hospice and Palliative Care in Maine by providing education and technical assistance regarding end-of-life care, as well as advocacy for terminally ill and bereaved persons regarding quality of life issues throughout the state.
- National Hospice Locator by Hospice Analytics - This site geo-maps and provides information about every known hospice in the country.
- Asbestos.com - Mesothelioma is a terminal disease and hospice is an option for those with terminal malignant mesothelioma. This site features information on asbestos, mesothelioma and other cancers that are caused by asbestos exposure.