Hospice at Home
Most of our patients receive hospice care in the comfort of their own homes. Patients receiving home care receive the full range of our services, including:
- Intermittent nursing care and support to maximize comfort and minimize pain
- Medication management for pain and symptom control
- Medical equipment and supplies related to the terminal disease
- Hospice aides to assist with personal care needs
- Physician care and support
- Volunteer non-medical aid and support to give comfort and assistance
- Social work and counseling about what to expect
- Pastoral or spiritual care
- Other specific treatments and therapies as needed
- Bereavement services
Medicare, MaineCare and many private insurers pay for end-of-life care at Hospice of Southern Maine.
From Our Patients & Their Families
"We cannot begin to express our appreciation for all the warmth, compassion, gentleness and caring which you so patiently and lovingly poured into our mother's life and into ours. You gave us strength and courage... and, yes, even joy... as we walked with her to the end of this life." More...
Please watch our
Having trouble viewing this video? Visit our YouTube channel.