Deciding if Hospice Is Right for You and Your Family
Once a life-limiting illness is diagnosed, there are many choices to be made. As illness progresses, the goals of your treatment may change. Your physician can help you and your family decide if it is time to re-focus your goals of care differently. Here are some questions you might want to ask yourself:
- What is most important to me at this time in my life?
- Is it time to focus on comfort rather than cure?
- What brings me joy?
- How do I want to spend my time?
- How do I want to connect with family and friends?
- What support and care do I need?